Date(s) - Sunday 5 November 2017
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Belvedere Suite, Pembroke Lodge
Categories No Categories
Bookings for this event have now closed.
All members of the Society and their guests are invited, along with The Hearsum Collection, The Museum of Richmond, the Richmond Archaeological Society, the Barnes and Mortlake History Society and the Borough of Twickenham Local History Society, for a free afternoon event in the Belvedere Suite at Pembroke Lodge in Richmond Park.
There will be short talks about the history of the park and other related topics. You will also be able to view items from the Hearsum Collection and the Museum of Richmond and to browse publications from the various organisations taking part. Most of all, this will be a valuable opportunity to learn about the work that our organisations are involved in and to share experiences.
This event is open to members and their guests. Thanks to the generosity of Daniel Hearsum at Pembroke Lodge, admission is free and includes afternoon tea.
To book your free place, please register in advance by contacting our Secretary, Elizabeth Velluet – email email@example.com; tel. 020 8891 3825. Bookings for this event have now closed.
1.30 Guests arrive
Tea served 1.30 – 3pm
1.55 Robert Smith introduces speakers
2pm Six short talks, one from each organisation:
- “Progress on the Pavilion”: Daniel Hearsum (The Hearsum Collection)
- “Mortlake’s Claim to Golfing Fame!”: Murray Hedgcock (Barnes & Mortlake)
- “Archaeology and the Home Guard”: Ken Howe (Borough of Twickenham Local History Society)
- “Richmond Park Objects from the Museum of Richmond”: Rebecca Arnott (Museum of Richmond)
- “The Ham Common Excavations 2017”: John F.Costello (Richmond Archaeological Society)
- “Robert Moses Pensley: Richmond’s Time Traveller”: Simon Fowler (Richmond Local History Society
2.45 pm Networking and chance to view displays/stalls
3.30 Guests depart