Our 40th issue of Richmond History covers three centuries and has articles on:
- Petersham’s General Gordon Forbes
- the Roberts family of Cardigan House on Richmond Hill
- the role of Kew’s Victoria Working Men’s Club in the First World War
- the history of the long-demolished Sheen Lodge in Richmond Park
- historic seats in Kew Gardens
- early performances at Richmond Theatre, which this year celebrates its 120th anniversary
- the rise of the local branch of the Left Book Club during the 1930s
- the almost forgotten Grove Road Gardens
- memories of the Ivy menswear shop on Hill Rise, Richmond.
The price of the journal is £5 (£4 to members). To find out how to buy a copy go to our Bookshop page. Our online prices include postage and packing.
Find out more about other issues of Richmond History: