Sat 25 March 2017
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
University of West London
This conference is co-organised by the Richmond Local History Society. The prices for this popular event have been held at the same level as last year – just £15 – but tickets need to be booked in advance. To book, please email Liz Velluet.
Doors open at 9.30am.
The programme includes:
- Dorian Gerhold (author of Carriers and Coachmasters): Before and After Turnpiking – waggons, packhorses and stagecoaches
- Keith Whitehouse (Fulham & Hammersmith Historical Society): The Postal Service from the 17th century onwards in Fulham and Hammersmith
- James Wisdom (Brentford & Chiswick Local History Society): A Wealthy Family’s Travels – Lord Fauconberg’s Accounts
- James Marshall (Hounslow Library Service): By-passing Crowded Brentford – the impact of the new Great West Road upon West London
- Oliver Green (London Transport Museum): Something in the Air – the Rise of Aviation in West London